AS 1891.2 – 2001 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices – Part 2: Horizontal Lifeline and Rail Systems Supplement 1: Prescribed Configurations for Horizontal Lifelines
AS 1891.2 – 2001 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices – Part 2: Horizontal Lifeline and Rail Systems Supplement 1: Prescribed Configurations for Horizontal Lifelines specifies design and performance requirements for systems and associated component hardware for horizontal lifelines and rails used for fall-arrest purposes. The Standard covers systems using either rigid rails or flexible lines. Test methods are given in Appendices.
This Standard was prepared by the Joint Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand Committee SF-015, Industrial Safety Belts and Harnesses to supersede in part AS/NZS 1891.2(Int):1998.
The series as published to date comprises the following:
- 1891 Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices
- 1891.1 Part 1: Safety belts and harnesses
- 1891.2 Part 2: Horizontal lifeline and rail systems (this Standard)
- 1891.2 Supp1 Supplement 1: Prescribed configurations for horizontal lifelines (supplement to AS/NZS 1891.2:2000)
- 1891.3 Part 3: Fall-arrest devices
- 1891.4 Part 4: Selection, use and maintenance
The following European Standard was consulted in the course of preparation of this Standard: EN 795 Protection against falls from a height—Anchor devices—Requirements and testing.
This Standard was previously published as an Interim Standard due to the uncertainty as to whether the proposed ISO Standard for horizontal lifelines and rails would have similar requirements for dynamic performance testing. As it now appears that the ISO requirements will be similar, the Committee has decided to re-publish this Standard in its final form, i.e. with its interim status retracted. It was also decided that for the sake of clarity, Appendix F of the Interim Standard, titled Prescribed configuration systems for horizontal lifelines, would be re-published as a Supplement. The technical content of this Standard together with that of the Supplement, is unchanged from the Interim Standard except for editorial corrections.
This Standard covers:
SECTION 1 SCOPE AND GENERAL
- 1.1 SCOPE
- 1.2 REFERENCED DOCUMENTS
- 1.3 DEFINITIONS
- 1.4 SYSTEM ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA
- 1.5 RESTRAINT SYSTEMS
- 1.6 LOADING OF LINES IN SERVICE
SECTION 2 HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS
- 2.1 PERSONAL FALL-ARREST EQUIPMENT
- 2.2 METAL COMPONENTS—GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- 2.3 FLEXIBLE LINES AND LINE TERMINATIONS
- 2.4 LINE TERMINATION FITTINGS
- 2.5 LINE ANCHORAGES
- 2.6 MOBILE ATTACHMENT DEVICES
SECTION 3 SYSTEM PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3.1 HORIZONTAL LIFE RAILS
- 3.2 HORIZONTAL LIFELINE SYSTEMS
SECTION 4 SYSTEM ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA
- 4.1 GENERAL
- 4.2 PROPRIETARY SYSTEMS
- 4.3 PRESCRIBED CONFIGURATION SYSTEM
- 4.4 RIGID SYSTEMS
SECTION 5 INSTRUCTIONS AND MARKING
- 5.1 GENERAL
- 5.2 SYSTEMS SUPPLIED IN KIT FORM
- 5.3 INSTALLED SYSTEMS
- 5.4 SYSTEM INFORMATION PLATES
The full copy of AS 1891.2 – 2001 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices – Part 2: Horizontal Lifeline and Rail Systems Supplement 1: Prescribed Configurations for Horizontal Lifelines can be purchased from SAI Global below.