AS 2321: 2014 Short-link Chain For Lifting Purposes
AS 2321: 2014 Short-link Chain For Lifting Purposes specifies requirements for non-calibrated short-link chain for lifting purposes, which is manufactured from welded round-steel short links.
This Standard was prepared by the Standards Australia Committee ME-025, Lifting Tackle, to supersede AS 2321—2006.
The objective of all lifting tackle standards is to provide manufacturers, users, regulatory and accrediting authorities and importers with a basis for identifying products which are safe and fit for their purpose. AS 2321 is a Standard for Grade L(3), Grade P(5), Grade T(8) and Grade V(10) short link chains for lifting purposes.
NOTE: Each chain grade is referred to by a letter or one of three numbers shown below:
- (a) L, 3, 30 or 300.
- (b) P, 5, 50 or 500.
- (c) T, 8, 80 or 800.
- (d) V, 10, 100 or 1000.
This edition includes the following changes from the previous edition:
- (a) Revision to link tolerances.
- (b) Revision to chain marking.
- (c) Addition of Grade V(10, 100, 1000).
- (d) Provision for a bend test.
- (e) Delete Grades M and S.
- (f) Clarification of elongation requirements.
- (g) Specification of impact testing for specific Grade V materials.
- (h) Cognisance of ISO 3076, Round steel short link chains for general lifting purposes—Medium tolerance slings for chain slings—Grade 8.
- (i) Includes the basis for calculation of dimensions and tolerances of Grade T chain.
- (j) Includes the basis for working load limit and test requirements for Grades T and V chain.
Statements expressed in mandatory terms in notes to tables are deemed to be requirements of this Standard.
This standard covers:
3 REFERENCED DOCUMENTS
5 COMPETENT PERSONS REQUIREMENTS
9 MECHANICAL PROPERTIES INCLUDING TESTING AND VERIFICATION
11 TEST CERTIFICATES
The full copy of AS 2321: 2014 Short-link Chain For Lifting Purposes can be purchased from SAI Global below.