BDM/ Technical Sales Specialist
We are an Australian-owned family business providing specialist Lifting, Rigging and Safety solutions to clients in the Mining, Civil, Construction and Rail Industries as well as Government sectors. We have a proven track record of supplying equipment that improves safety and productivity in the most demanding applications and environments in Australia.
We believe in Service through Knowledge. It’s more than our company mantra, it’s a way of life.
You will be joining Ranger at an exciting time as we are expanding and servicing some of Australia’s largest Projects and Companies. You will be supported by an experienced local and national team who are committed to making a difference in the lifting and rigging industry.
This role will see you responsible for growing our customer base across Victoria, pursuing new projects, and generating leads.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Generating and pursuing new and existing leads whilst maintaining core customer relationships.
- Maintaining a high level of administrative functions including adept record keeping of past, present and future sales.
- Work proactively with internal stakeholders to drive sales growth opportunities in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Juggling multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Maintaining accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities.
- Attracting and developing solutions for current and potential clients.
- Developing and implementing sales plans, strategies, and initiatives which contribute and compliment the overall business plan.
- Achieving sales and margin targets/ budgets.
- Results-orientated with a “can do” attitude and able to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Organised with excellent time management skills, with an eye for detail.
- Analysing sales and customer data to contribute to the identification of new opportunities, products, and services for the company in the marketplace.
- Working alongside different departments including the purchasing team, accounts, and operations as well as suppliers.
- Quoting, tendering & forecasting inspection services and product sales.
- Undertake any other activities in the work area as required from time to time.
- Understanding and knowledge of the lifting industry, or a relatable field, with competence dealing with technical concepts and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build solid working relationships and developing rapport with key customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills with a strong ability to negotiate, coordinate and facilitate performance outcomes.
- Current drivers’ licence with a respectable driving record.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager, Business Development Manager, preferably within the industrial / construction market.
- Experience with ERP & CRM Systems.
- Industry-related training certificates
What’s on offer?
- A full-time career with a dynamic, family-owned business
- Competitive salary package that can be negotiated
- Ongoing career development and training
- The successful applicant will be provided with a package including a company vehicle, phone, and Laptop.
If you are ready to take the leap – please apply below. We are excited to have someone amazing join our team and become part of our future.
We guarantee confidentiality.
We don’t want to waste your time or ours. When applying please mention the phrase ‘service through knowledge’ in the subject line or first line of your application so we know this ad has been read in its entirety.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.