How the YALE 360 Manual Hoist Range is Revolutionising Mining.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CHAIN BLOCKS & LEVER HOISTS TO MINING DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS.
Many everyday objects in a mine cannot be lifted without the help of heavy machinery. A simple device like a manual hoist can be used to lift and pull items which personnel will not be able to perform on their own safely, due to their weight.
Made from durable metal to ensure reliability when lifting heavy loads, mining chain blocks and lever hoists are made from three constituent parts: the chains, the hook, and the lifting mechanism.
One such manual hoist product range is the YALE ERGO 360 lever hoist and YALE LIFT 360 chain block, which is pioneering mining operations across Australia and New Zealand.
HISTORY OF THE YALE 360 RANGE
The YALE ERGO 360 and YALE LIFT 360 was inspired by the needs of the South African mining industry (Yale has a facility in Durban) where hand chain hoists are used in preference to ratchet lever hoists so that users do not have to stand too close to the load.
After recognising a need for a new mining hoist, Yale together with Colombus Mckinnon put together an international team of engineers and application specialists. Various factors were considered in the YALE design including a lifting capacity to meet the needs of most of the market, ease of use, maintenance needs and noise levels.
The ERGO 360 was the final lever hoist result. The LIFT 360 was the final chain block result.
FEATURES OF THE YALE ERGO 360 LEVER HOIST
The YALE ERGO 360 allows the operator to work up to 12 times faster and with as much as 30 % less pull force than with conventional ratchet lever tools, making it ideal for the large loads in a mining operation. It comes with a first-of-its-kind lever handle design with 360° rotating action increasing productivity while reducing the risk of operator injury. maintenance needs and noise levels.
- 1. 360° rotation increases efficiency – allowing operators to work up to 12 times faster than with
a conventional ratchet lever hoist.
- 2. Requires 30 % less pull force to operate.
- 3. Easy and effective operation – from any angle with handle that folds down and locks into position on either side of the lever.
- 4. Design keeps the operator’s body aligned with the load chain, reducing the risk of the twist effect – when a hoist twists around the chain. No need to use a second hand to stabilize the hoist.
- 5. Operator can securely grip the grooved, no-slip handle.
- 6. Crank handle made of durable poliamide with a heavy-duty steel core for rugged usew
FEATURES OF THE YALE LIFT360 CHAIN BLOCK
The YALE ERGO 360 is a hand chain hoist. The robust construction characterizes this series for a variety of applications. The integrated load pressure brake secures the load in any position.
- 1. Robust- the robust stamped steel housing with four stay bolts protects all internal components even in the toughest working conditions.
- 2. Maximises space- the extremely low headroom allows maximum use of the lifting height.
- 3. Accuracy- the hardened load sheave with four precision machined pockets ensures accurate movement of the load chain.
- 4. Internal gearbox protected– chain guide and gearbox are almost totally enclosed. Even under the toughest conditions, the internal gearbox remains protected.
Want more information?
If you want to find out more then visit our material handling range and view the YALE ERGO 360 or download our brochure.
Whether you’re after the YALE ERGO 360 or other chain blocks and lever blocks, we can help you with the right material handling solution for your project.
For more assistance on determining whether the YALE ERGO 360 is right for your lifting needs, call us today on 1300 Slings. Ranger ensures compliance with all Australian Standards.